Menu

MFW Adventures/American History question

Mommie_Jen

I've spent months researching curriculum and saw samples at our local convention a few weeks ago. I'm 98% sure we are going to be a MFW family after kindergarten. (Planning on starting it in first.)

I know Adv. seems to be very well liked here, and I've also read lots of positive reviews other places. What I can't figure out is their general view of American history - does it have a providential view? I guess what I'm trying to get at is do they view everything (thinking of the horrible way Natives were treated, bringing slaves over from Africa, all the "mean" things our country has done) as God ordained, or does it explain that not everything we've done was God-led?

If that all makes sense...

It doesn't really get into any of that. It is written for 2nd-3rd graders and this the topics do not get into the ugly side of history. You can always have that conversation on your own though. We talked about the treatment of Indians while reading Squanto. But the really ugly topics are best saved for older ages

It doesn't really get into any of that. It is written for 2nd-3rd graders and this the topics do not get into the ugly side of history. You can always have that conversation on your own though. We talked about the treatment of Indians while reading Squanto. But the really ugly topics are best saved for older ages

:iagree: We discussed it while reading squanto as well, but left the other topics for a later time. That is one of the great things about MFW. It brings on so many natural oportunities for those conversations. It's kind of like the bones of the schooling, but you as the parent decide what to fill it in with and it just makes it come so naturally.