Menu

What's on your wishlist?

I was just reading the homeschool budget thread concerning cutting back, but I was wondering what's on everyone's wish-we-had-the-funds-wishlist? What homeschool purchase are you saving for or simply dreaming about? I decided to make a wish list for our bonus money this year and curious what others are dreaming about.

Right now, I'm pretty happy with the books/curricula I have, and there are only a few cases where being able to spend more money might be helpful, if those.

A bigger budget would mean more classes, lessons, field trips, and enrichment experiences, and I do dream of that.

AiG (and related) material to complement our Ancient Civilizations and the Bible study:

Tower of Babel by Jon Taylor

Dragons: Legends and Lore of Dinosaurs

Grand Canyon Adventure

Adam and His Kin

Dry Bones and Other Fossils

God's Design: Our Planet Earth

None are *needed* but that is my wish list. :D

Spelling Plus and Dictation Resource Book, and Easy Writing for sentence composition. I've become as obsessed with sentence composition as I am with phonics. I don't know which one I want most, and I cannot buy both, so I didn't buy either one.

And now maybe the pencil sharpener :tongue_smilie: Has anyone tried it on colored pencils?

My 16yo dd's choir is going to Greece next year. How I wish we could afford to send her!

14yo dd started taking gymnastics lessons through the local University last year. She really wants to compete. We can't afford it.

Curriculum?

Logic of English

Memoria Press Curriculum package

Lots and lots of Teaching Company videos :thumbup1:

A nice globe.

Knowledge Quest's complete Map Trek map set.

Knowledge Quest's A Child's Geography

Artistic Pursuits

A keyboard and a learn to play piano book

Meet the Masters

Anything from Critical Thinking company that is listed as core curriculum for K and grade 3

Beast Academy 3b

Writing with Ease 3

Timberdoodle Kindergarten complete curriculum package

Not a money issue but more of a logistics issue. We are moving to SD this fall and I'm hoping that we can somehow manage to find a part time nanny (we are both self-employed) who is a native Spanish speaker. Given that it's SD I'm worried that this will be a tall order :(