Menu

How to get a label to stay on an eraser???

diaperjoys

Have any of you found the answer to labeling erasers? We try to have our kids keep track of their own pencils, markers, erasers & such, and generally keep everything labeled - everybody has what they need, and it gets put away.

But I haven't found anything that works for erasers. We use the Mars Staedtler style usually - sharpie marks rub off, tape leaves goo everywhere. Has anyone found a brilliant solution??

My kids are color coded. I have some of these dots that I use to color code everything. I put a dot on the top middle of the eraser. Then I use a piece of Scotch Magic Tape (brand name) to wrap over the dot and all the way around the eraser a couple of times. We haven't had any problems with the one piece of narrow tape in the middle coming off...

Can you get a needle all the way through them? Or maybe use a punch and hammer to put a whole through them. Then you could tie a little piece of string or ribbon through in the appropriate color.

We use classic Pink Pearls. Sharpies mark them easily.

we label their name with a sharpie marker as well :)

What kind of eraser are ya'll marking with a sharpie? The sharpie rubs off ours within several days or a week. There must be something different about the texture/absorption of the eraser we use...