Menu

Looking for a lakeside cabin to rent in IN, MI or OH...

This is the place we rent at. They have two cabins; we've rented both. They are literally ON the beach of Lake Huron in Oscoda, MI.

I'd call as SOON as possible if you like it, because it really does book up fast. Like, I'll be surprised if he still has a week open in one of them for August. We called in early March I think it was to make our July reservation, and one of the two cabins was already booked for the week we wanted.

We stayed at James Beach Cottage in Holland MI last year. It was nice. It's not RIGHT on the lake, but it is walkable to a small beach.

Their website is www.lakem.com I think they have other rentals as well.

It's still so weird to me that people vacation in the town I was born and raised in.

And then I moved to one of the most touristy places in Michigan ever, but mainly for the summer months. :D

I own the Shangri La Resort in Missouri on the Lake of the Ozarks if you have any inclination to head that direction! http://www.shangrilares.com I don't run it, we have a sweet couple who live there year round. There are 1, 2 and 3 bedroom cabins, a large pool, a small pool, a children's play area, paddle boats, lots of room to roam around! It was built in the 50's and is very retro.:D

It's still so weird to me that people vacation in the town I was born and raised in.

And then I moved to one of the most touristy places in Michigan ever, but mainly for the summer months. :D

Well, we were also visiting family there, but instead of crowding her house, we rented this place. ;)

My MIL has a lakeside place for rent on Lime Lake in southern Michigan just south of Hudson off of route 127. It's a really nice place that sleeps 8. 90% of the summer is still available. Her name is Cheryl and she can be reached at 419-873-9814.

Stephanie