Menu

State study for Lower Grammar?

Older dd is doing American History. (Mostly Sonlight and Guesthollow)

My younger two have not followed along as much as I hoped. I think I need something a little more open-and-go, or at least a booklist of picture books, but preferrably curriculum. And as we get into more recent history...such as the Holocaust...I'm not going to want them following all the harsh details. So, I'm thinking about maybe doing a 50-state study with them instead.

It's not quite the recommended history cycle, but I'm thinking that we can start with ancients the following year with everyone all at once. And in the meanwhile, it wouldn't hurt older dd if she overhears enough to review the states a bit...but she also wouldn't be missing a ton, wouldn't be obligated to do all of the work the little kids are doing on top of her own curriculum.

Any suggestions??? So far, I found Cantering the Country, but have been warned that Galloping the Globe took some effort to plan....so would love to hear opinions on that if anyone has used it. Anything better?

Edited by Love_to_Read