Menu

Holy cow, I'm having twins!!!

Congratulations. I was in almost the same situation as you last year. I had dd 9, dd 6, and dd 2 and wanted one more baby to complete our family. Little did I know we would get a bonus baby. My boy/girl twins are now 1 year old and it has been the best, craziest, wildest year of my life. My twins have brought so much joy to my family. My older kids have been such a great helpers with them, it hasn't been nearly as hard as I expected. I've managed to continue homeschooling without too much difficulty -keeping the house clean is a different subject all together :0). If you can try to remain pretty laid back and accept that a little bit of chaos is going to be a normal part of life now you will do just fine. Twins are so special and an amazing blessing. Congratulations again!

Congratulations!!!! How very exciting for you!

I just wanted to also say that I've been reading your blog this morning and enjoying it. We were gung-ho with workboxes when we started (shelves with boxes)....but it's kind of fizzled (our shelf is not in a convenient place and people seem to just throw stuff into the boxes that don't belong in there :glare: ). I showed my dd your workboxes with the file folders and she wants to give it a try doing it that way; she's really excited about it. I also like the Muffin Tin Monday......but I'm going to do this with my 6 cup muffin tin (I don't know how I could come up with 12 different things!). :001_smile:

AprilMay, the workboxes can work great, depending on how much "independent" work your kids have. This past year we have used ours to keep kids' stuff organized, but they haven't been in charge of getting the stuff out. Not sure what I'll do for this upcoming year.

And yeah, I bought some 6 cup muffin tins to use after a little while. We haven't done it as much this last year, but I think I'll do it again starting in the fall because the kids love it! :001_smile:

Congrats!!

From a fellow surprised mama of twins here-- after 5 singletons and not expecting more:lol:

My g/b set are now 3.5 months. (my Baby A was the girl too:001_smile:)

Well that's my novel for ya for now :tongue_smilie:

(NAK is a lovely thing:lol:)

May your pregnancy continue to be a healthy one (+one)!!

Creativish, thanks for your BTDT words of advice. I am planning on continuing with my homebirth midwife (she's considered THE twins expert in the community, so that's nice) who delivered my sister's twins 10 years ago. I know there may be some unforeseen issues that require me to go to a hospital, but we are going to work towards a healthy twin homebirth.

The tips about the carseats and stroller and nursing are great. Thank you! :001_smile: