Menu

Asheville restaurant rec?

My siblings and I are sending my parents on a trip to Savannah/Asheville/Gatlingburg - mountains for a 50th wedding anniversary gift. I have made inn/B&B reservations and dinner reservations in Savannah and Gatlinburg, BUT I could use some rec's for nice restaurants in Asheville. They are not fussy people but enjoy nice food. thanks in advance

ReneeR

For very nice, but not fancy food I recommend Tupelo Honey, Early Girl Eatery, and Bouchon (French comfort food - my favorite restaurant in Asheville). Table was my favorite fancy restaurant there. And, if you like lobster, The Lobster Trap had the best lobster I had eaten since leaving RI. All of these are downtown.

For very nice, but not fancy food I recommend Tupelo Honey, Early Girl Eatery, and Bouchon (French comfort food - my favorite restaurant in Asheville). Table was my favorite fancy restaurant there. And, if you like lobster, The Lobster Trap had the best lobster I had eaten since leaving RI. All of these are downtown.

Tupelo Honey is my favorite lunchtime restaurant, and I like Early Girl, too. if you choose Biltmore, the Deerpark is your best bet for a nice dinner.

The Grove Park is still my first choice if you want a nice dinner with great atmosphere.

We chose Skyler's which was downstairs from the B & B we selected, and we booked The Olde Pink House for their anniversary dinner.

ReneeR

Those are good. I think you will really enjoy The Olde Pink House.

If you drive out to the beach at all The Crab Shack has awesome seafood, fresh off the boats. The Tea Room on Broughton St. is a neat experience. If you guys go walking through clubs and bars downtown, Vinnie Van Go Gos has great NewYork Pizza. 606 East Cafe is also fun, it is different a lot of Scad Students go there/work there.

Definitely take a carriage ride/trolley ride. The streets are beautiful.