Menu

I'm about to lose my mind! I'm having a terrible time...

It's a little bit of everything that is confusing me! I know I'll eventually figure it out. I just came here today to ask a quick question while the baby is sleeping and ended up having to waste a lot of time just trying to figure this all out. I've used a forum before over at mops but for whatever reason I'm having a hard time trying to figure this one out. Maybe it's just the pressure of not having time to mess around with it and get other things done before the baby wakes that is frustating me. If anyone could give me a quick tutorial that would be great!. Thanks a lot. Don't get me wrong! I like the look of a forum better than a message board it just takes me awhile to figure it out!

figuring this forum out. How do you get back to the message board?:mad::mad::mad:
When I open a thread, I like to open it in a new window (shift/enter or shift/left click). Then, to return to the forum list, just close that new window. That's what I did with the old board (all message boards actually) too.

I felt the same way yesterday. I even told my dh that I didn't think I'd be able to use the boards anymore b/c it takes too long to figure it out. But I got on last night and fiddled with it, and have been all day today (in between laundry loads, meals, cleaning, you know the rest), and now I'm feeling better about it. I am liking them better now, but it's hard to adjust to change when you don't have time to. Maybe you could set aside some time to mess with it to get familiar.(when the dc sleep or if your nursing) I just started clicking on all the stuff and figured it out. I'm sure I posted some weird messages, but that's ok. I'll just say it must've been some glitches being it's a new forum and all! You'll be ok. HTH!

Scroll to the bottom of the page of posts and you will see "display options". Click on the drop down arrow marked "sorted by" and click on "thread start time". Then click on "show threads". You will have the threads lined up like they were on the last board--newest to oldest. Best I can tell, this has to be done every time you open a new board. Otherwise you get the posts ranked according to who has posted last. That, to me, is more confusing.

at the top of the page, just below the banner , there are two links that say:

The Well-Trained Mind Forums (aka Hive Mind) > Parents' Forum General Board . Click the first one(The Well-Trained Mind Forums ) to go to the index of all boards. Click the second one (Parents' Forum General Board ) to go to the general board page.