Menu

Dog slobber on sliding glass doors- what works?

You could do what we did - get rid of the dog! We have absolutely NO dog slobber on our windows now!! :lol:

Sorry - I'm not much help. Our dog didn't leave much slobber (thank goodness!).

Don't tempt me.

Actually, I'm feeling particularly fond of him these days because his hips are starting to give out and all my maternal instincts have risen to the surface. I'm just not a lovey dovey pet owner. I care for them, but I don't adore them, ykwim? But to see him in pain is very distressing. He is at the far end of his life expectancy already, but somehow seeing him deteriorate is much harder than I expected.

Maybe excessive dog drool comes with age- or maybe it's just the heat in our new yard. Doesn't matter, we have two big sliding glass doors to deal with whether we like it or not.

jo

Do you have a heavy duty cleaner? 409, Pine Sol, Lysol. Something like that might cut it. It helps if you can let it sit for a few minutes. And then use the windex afterwards, if needed for smears. Be VERY careful using scrubbies. We used one of those little plastic net dish scrubbies on a glass windsheild and it SCRATCHED the windshield. Be VERY careful.