Menu

It's a little hard to be cranky when...

LEK

you ask your just turned 5yo to count the blocks by 2's and in a fit of rebellion she decides to count them in 4's instead (perfectly I might add) and then when asked again she counts them by 3's lol! I am thinking that whenever our math program teaches skip counting by 3's and 4's that will be a couple of easy lessons :lol: so far we have only covered 2's and 10's.

BTW, after I asked her a few more times she finally (with eye roll and a good serving of attitude at getting her to do such a baby question) did count them perfectly by 2's, apparently that is just too easy to bother with.

lol that's how it goes. My DD is small for her age and ppl ask her if she knows her alphabet yet. She gives them the strangest look! Lol. Oh and if I ask her to add or subtract anything she gives me the whole this is so boring line. Even multiplication and division is too easy. These kids act like we ask them to torture them..lol..

Oh I know, addition and subtraction is just way too easy to bother with too, sigh. She can work out any addition or subtraction problem in her head up to 2 digits and most 3 digit ones too (faster than most people could use a calculator), don't really know why we are bothering covering math at all at this stage except I want to make sure there are no gaps in her knowledge, guess I should have know better than to ask her hey :lol:

just wait until she throws out her multiplication facts faster than you can think. Its kind of embarrasing for me..lol

Lol, need a "like" button for that! So true though, I am just hoping I can stay one step ahead.

Just wait till they are doing three and four digit addition and subtraction faster than you can, in their head. I get so frustrated when I barely get done reading a problem and DS is already stating the answer, but then I have to think about it and just smile (as I sneak a peak at the answers hidden in my lap.) It's a lot easier to take when it's my oldest and she does Geometry in her head, but my DS, embarrasing.:lol:

My daughter started that 'I'm so bored with your question that I'm going to give you the wrong answer' behavior at 1.5 yr-old! I knew then I was going to have my hands full. That's when I introduced Spanish and the wrong answers disappeared. She's gone through this type of behavior multiple times and it's a wonderful shout-out from her of 'TEACH ME SOMETHING NEW!'