Menu

Help me plan an informal Ice Cream Social for ER's graduation celebration! :)

I have to shop Thursday & Friday, and the party is Saturday. I created an event on Facebook and invited people, and I've also e-mailed invitations to some people who don't have Facebook. We've invited 50 people, and I expect that about 25 will actually come.

So, help me plan this event! It will not be fancy, but I do plan to have color-coordinating napkins, cups, bowls, spoons--from the dollar store if I can find them there, but if not, I'll get them at Walmart.

I plan to pick up several tubs of Mayfield ice cream (chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry) at Walmart--the only place in town that carries the tubs of Mayfield. I will also buy lots of toppings:

chocolate syrup

butterscotch syrup

caramel syrup

peanut butter topping

strawberry syrup

pineapple topping

maraschino cherries

sliced strawberries

bananas

candy sprinkles

crumbled Oreos

crumbled Butterfingers

toffee bits (or crumbled Heath bars)

marshmallows

marshmallow fluff

whipped cream

M&M's

gummy bears

peanuts

chopped pecans

coconut

ETA a few more:

mini chocolate chips

mini Reese's cups

cereal (Cocoa Krispies, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Golden Grahams...)

cake cones & sugar cones

I will set the syrup-type toppings, whipped cream cans, and candy sprinkles out on the table for people to use, but what can I use (that's cheap but heavy/sturdy--not styrofoam because they tip over easily) as serving dishes for all those other toppings--crumbled items, fruit, candies, etc. Would glass/ceramic cereal bowls be okay? I have lots of those in bright colors.

How much ice cream should I buy? How many tubs of each flavor?

What other toppings do I need?

Thanks!

Edited by ereks mom

I'd think cereal bowls would be the perfect thing to put the toppings in.

Honestly, I'd leave out the gummy bears, marshmallows, and marshmallow fluff, becasue I've never heard of people putting those on ice cream. I'd add in crumbled chocolate chip cookies, mini (or regular) m&m's, mini chocolate chips, crumbled mint cookies, and chopped reeses's peanut butter cups. But that's just me. :tongue_smilie:

I've no idea how much ice cream you'll need, but I'm sure someone else will have an idea.

Sounds fun!

Looks incredible. Gummy Bears and Marshmallows are offered around here for icecream :) I'd check and see if there are peanut allergies, if you're inviting people you don't know about :) (Course, have to add that, as my daughter couldn't eat the stuff if there was.... Easy solution for her is to go before contamination :))

Looks incredible!! :)

Colorful glass bowls sound perfect to me!

Usually strawberry goes slower for parties in our area... So I'd buy less of that than chocolate and vanilla.

I've also seen people do hot fudge and hot caramel kept warm in small crockpots.