Menu

laminate AAR Pre-1 cards?

Micron4

Not sure if I should go to the trouble of laminating the cards for AAR Pre-1. I have an older dd6 that uses AAS1 that I have NOT laminated, however it looks like AAR Pre-1 has more "kid-handling" of the cards. I have only skimmed through the manual--is that true? Would my dd3 be handling these cards often? If so, then laminating might be a must!

Advice?

:confused:

Edited by Micron4

We are almost 1/3 of the way through, and we have used the cards very little so far. There were a few games right at the beginning that used them, but they were more like memory or matching and didn't require too much handling, IMO. I did not go to the trouble of laminating them, and don't regret it.

We didn't laminate ours. They seem sturdy enough for the purpose.

However, if your child is anything like mine and enjoys drawing on every blank surface available, then you might consider laminating them. My dd has decorated quite a few of the cards. :glare:

We didn't laminate ours. They seem sturdy enough for the purpose.

However, if your child is anything like mine and enjoys drawing on every blank surface available, then you might consider laminating them. My dd has decorated quite a few of the cards. :glare:

:lol: Funny! Thanks for the advice.

We have quite a big collection of cards from our various AAS and AAR curriculums and I've laminated them all. I think I was able to do it in under 30 minutes, while I watched something on the computer. I knew I wanted the cards to last through three kids, so I figured it couldnt hurt to go ahead and add a layer of protection. I was able to fit 6 cards in a standard sized pouch, so it didn't require that many pouches to get all of the cards laminated. The kids don't handle them most of the time, but I have a baby that's constantly grabbing, so you never know who might get ahold of them in our house :001_smile: As most people have said, it really isn't a requirement as I think the cards would stand up to heavy use just fine. I bought AAS 1 used and it had been used by 2 kids and looked nearly new. It wasn't a huge sacrifice (in terms of money or time) for me to laminate them so I figured why not.