Menu

Never go to bed angry

I gotta agree. 23 years here and I can't say we have ever gone to bed angry. When we get angry, it is short, hot bursts only (usually on my side) and resolved within a couple of hours. But we are very compatible to begin with, and don't have a lot of areas of strife or disagreement anyway, so it is usually minor annoyances, or mutual annoyance over one of the kids, and how to handle it.

It is NOT good to stay angry or sleep angry. I wouldn't sleep anyway...I'd be one of the ones mentioned above writing angry emails at 3 am if I did this. Life is just too darn short (or maybe I'm too darn old now) to live in strife.

And honestly....half the time I can't remember what was so annoying! So memory, or lack thereof, of the menopausal woman is a blessing in disguise...I guess.

This is us, as well.

And I agree about sharing sleeping space. :lol: DH and I are like, 'Good night!' and then we each roll over (each facing out) and fall asleep. :) We're NOT cuddlers or anything for sleeping. (And I can't stand the thought of my kids in the bed, either - people can if they want to, I don't care, but my kids somehow always managed to take up more room than the adults the few times they made their way into our bed! It drove me nuts! Little feet in the back...Yikes! :lol: )

Meh.

We've gone to sleep angry. Not often, but it happens. I can't honestly imagine trying to push through and get it sorted before sleep in those situations, b/c if I'm going to sleep mad, it means we've been arguing for a while already. Going 'round and round isn't going to help.