Menu

I am calling it....we are done for the year!

We started August first, did some Saturdays amd days with double work early on. We slowed down in Jan and Feb, then pushed through the last two months. We finished math, grammar, spelling, and science for the year, he took his CAT yesterday and today, so I say we are done and he is officially promoted to second grade!!! We have to finish SOTW 1, bit he wants to do that all summer. He also loves lapbooks and I have some for animals and math stuff. We will also be playing math bingo daily because.it is his favorite game.

Yeah!! Now, two weeks to recital, 6 until the musical, and 13 until baby arrives (I hope). Lots to do!

chepyl for the win!

Good job!

I've decided that we're going to be done at the end of May, despite previous plans to be done at the end of June. We're pulling double lessons in two subjects and might do a little bit o' Saturday schooling too, but come Memorial Day I am done as well. DONE.

Enjoy the quiet time before that baby gets here! You've earned it!

Middle son has to keep going through Monday and the AP Psych test. After that, I told him when he wants to be done, he can be. He has enough for his portfolio and will keep reading some (text) books throughout the summer to stay fresh for college, but otherwise...

Officially, he'll graduate the end of May in order to get 180 days, but we both have senioritis and he's already accomplished far more than his ps peers, so he has earned the right to relax and just enjoy the latter part of his books.