Menu

ToG - Another ordering question

Shelly in IL

How do you choose which books to order? My library has a TON of the books (Thank you, God!), but am still considering purchasing $120 from Amazon. After spending all I have on ToG, does that sound like an unreasonable amount? I am relying heavily on the Library.

For year 2 I am purchasing:

The Everythig American Presidents book

Our Island Story

This Country of Ours

Te Struggle for Sea Power

Our Living Constitution

Colonial Living

The Ancient Celts

The Gift of Music

Almost Home

Why Not Lafayette

Am I missing something awesome? Or can I just get this stuff and be pleased with the library? I looked at some of the literature selections, and I'm sure my son can cruise through the ones on the Dialectic level, so I didn't need to buy them if the library had them. Any suggestions for additional must haves? Any that I can remove from my list? thanks.

How do you choose which books to order? My library has a TON of the books (Thank you, God!), but am still considering purchasing $120 from Amazon. After spending all I have on ToG, does that sound like an unreasonable amount? I am relying heavily on the Library.

For year 2 I am purchasing:

The Everythig American Presidents book

Our Island Story

This Country of Ours

Te Struggle for Sea Power

Our Living Constitution

Colonial Living

The Ancient Celts

The Gift of Music

Almost Home

Why Not Lafayette

Am I missing something awesome? Or can I just get this stuff and be pleased with the library? I looked at some of the literature selections, and I'm sure my son can cruise through the ones on the Dialectic level, so I didn't need to buy them if the library had them. Any suggestions for additional must haves? Any that I can remove from my list? thanks.

...at Baldwin Project

...if you don't mind reading online.

HTH!

What are the ages of your children? If they are younger than dialectic, you wouldn't have to be title-specific for anything other than the literature selections. With Dialectic and Rhetoric you could still fudge a little on specific titles, but it might be hard to find the correct answers to all the discussion questions.

Also, don't forget to check out the TOG forums for used books available. That can be a big help!