Menu

Should I re-buy SOTW1 for 5th & 3rd?

They remember it, and are looking forward to starting again, but I lent my copy to someone from our local group who has now wandered off. :glare: I'm debating whether it's worth buying again, whether I should get just the text or the AG too. I can't remember how much of the AG would be good for older kids, though I know there was some stuff we skipped that I wanted to do the next time around. Or should I just move on to more logic-stage stuff? I do already have an older Kingfisher for my 9yo to use.

Oh that is a tough one. Mine will be the same ages, and I would probably go ahead and buy both the A.G. and the text just because it would be easier for me to do that with my 3rd grader than to go to the library myself each week to pick out books to match the Kingfisher topic for her. I know mine was 4 and did a lot of stuff with us the first time around too, but it is just so much fun and I would hate to miss it with her. Plus she has sat through SOTW 3 and 4 over the last two years and I feel it will be a welcome relief to have something just for her that is more to her level of understanding.

But it could be done with just your Kingfisher and a lot of library trips. The A.G. along with it could at least give you a good list of books and projects to do.

Well, whatever you decide, you could splurge and buy the audio cds instead. That way you didn't actually buy the same book twice, you bought the audio to save your voice and your time, LOL. AND you can save their time too by listening in the car and your 5th grader can still move into some logic stage work. It's a win-win-win!