Menu

If you've used or own the BJU Cultural Geography...

Hi Elizabeth!!! I have not been checking the board as often as usual so I just saw this thread. Your comments are VERY important right now in my decision making process. I have narrowed it down to: BJU, Runkles (with much adding), PAC, and Glencoe.

I spoke with OM this week and they said the cost of the geography was $900 to enroll?!?! That is so far out of my price range!!!!! Am I missing something? Can I just buy the study guide/answer key? The Glencoe text I can find on amazon pretty cheap. I'm thinking about just buying the text and teacher's wrap around.

PAC still interests me, but I'm not sure I want to consumables that are black and white. Geography should be "alive" with color.

Runkles could be a nice spine or starting place and add to it from there. But, my word, the amount of time that could take planning for it!!! I would need to add literature, culture, history, econ, politics, religion.....yikes.....

Edited by HollyDay

I'm confused. The OM syllabus for the geography is on sale for $20. How did it end up $900? Was that for enrolling and this and that and...?? I don't think it says you have to be enrolled. I just bought my copy of the text on amazon for under $15 for a really decent copy. I also gave you a link to the very large sample of the Glencoe text. Personally, I don't think it makes sense to change from BJU to Glencoe if your kid LIKES the BJU, kwim? When you're between too acceptable options, just go with what your kid likes.

You are correct about the cost for OM. I was so surprised that I did not even ask if I could just by the study guide------oops. I will call OM again today and clarify.

One dc likes BJU but the other does not. I want to do 1 program together with both. So, that is why I'm still looking. If I can't find one program both really like, then I will do 2, but time is a factor and I'd rather not have 2 different programs. I can't wait for the conference to see some of this in person!!!!!