Menu

Grumbling about schoolwork

blondeviolin

I just want to see if this is typical at this age. Abby love science and read-alouds so anytime we've done that, there's been no complaining. But when I tell her it's time for math or spelling, she complains or asks for one more break. I don't believe the work is beyond her capability at this point. In fact, it borders on too easy (which she likes because she is a bit of a perfectionist).

I have an inkling that there won't be much moaning when we start science and history next year. This summer I will have her work through ElizabethB's phonics lessons as a review (she's starting guessing at unfamiliar multi syllabic words) and she will finish up SM 1B . ("This is so easy!" she gleefully declares when I finally get her to the table.)

So...typical, yes?

Sounds pretty spot on to my 5 yr old girl.

She can listen to a read-aloud for hours.... but the minute we are doing "work", it's "Awww, grumble grumble, can I just...first?"

ETA: granted, we're doing mostly review & handwriting practice now...I also think once we start "real" subjects in a few months (science, history) she'll love it.