Menu

Online/Computer Lessons for K-2?

mommy123

Do you know of any online or computer based lessons for K-2nd grade that is not too expensive? My girls have loved Reading Eggs, but our free trial is over and I don't want to pay that much for it. I'd like something that progresses through lessons and tracks and saves their progress. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

I can't really think of anything for K-2 that's free and tracks progress.

My son uses Reading Eggs and Dreambox. Dreambox is a pretty cool math program, and Homeschool Buyer's Co-op offers has a subscription deal for $40 a year.

Click N' Read Phonics is less expensive (about $30 for a lifetime subscription through the HSBC) than Reading Eggs, but lacks the bells and whistles.

I'm interested to see any other suggestions!

If you check the index at Homeschool Buyer's Coop you can find quite a few options. My kids are using Always Ice Cream and Clever Dragons for play, but it's not a full curricula. Skills Tutor offers practice but the lessons aren't really comprehensive- it's more a review program than a first introduction. The kids also enjoy JumpStart online, but again there's lots of play along with fun learning rather than full lessons.

PLATO Learning might work, I'm using the middle school lessons so can't offer a review of the lower grades. It is not cheap though.

Khan Academy offers video learning, Learning.com has a variety of resources, BBC Education has good materials.

Happy hunting!

The Head of the Class! Free, customizable, tracks student progress & adapts to their abilities. Covers every subject & you can set levels based on precisely where your dc place (2nd grade math, 4th grade language arts, 3rd grade art, all for one student). You can set the lessons for only one subject, more art/less math, all math & nothing else. You name it, the sky is the limit :001_smile: