Menu

Mama and Me Journal

I think I got this idea off of pinterest a while back.. not sure, but am sure glad I found it and began implenting it. This is the only time I can get my 3rd grade ds to love writing. I wish I could link to my pinterest to show the idea, but I can't get my epad to work for pinterest for some reason. So I will do my best to describe it. For each of my two older kiddos I found a blank journal and started by writing a letter to them of how this would be a journal for just us and that we could write anything we want in it. No matter if funny or serious stories, letters, jokes whatever is on our minds at the moment. Then when I finished I set it on their beds for them to find. They were so excited and immediately began writing me back. It started with mainly letters back and forth and after a few months of doing this we have began writing stories together in it. One of us will start and the other will add to it and so on. There is no correcting at all, no pressure, just fun writing. They have both taken off with writing since doing this and often ask how to spell words and such. It helps me to see where they need improvement in writing. The biggest reward though is the memories we are creating that will be cherished and reread over and over again through the years.

I just wanted to share the idea for those who haven't seen it on pinterest so that maybe some other mothers of reluctant writers can benefit too.

We have this too. My dd LOVES it when she finds the journal next to her pillow with another note from me. We have this one, from Mama Jenn's blog.

That's it!!! That is the one I pinned on pinterest :D Thanks for giving credit to the original creative Mama :) I hope she doesn't mind me sharing on here. I use so many of her idea's I should have known I got it from her blog. I love her MFW printables too.