Menu

grammar and vocab for 4th and 2nd grade

Lori

I have been using shurley english since 1st grade with my oldest. I am looking to switch. Just wondering what I should do? I was thinking I would do daily grams 4th grade and easy grammar , IEW Writing and Wordly wise 3000 go vocab

any thoughts. and what is the difference between all the wordly wise editions? 3000 or not 3000? also the daily grams I guess have a new edition??

it gets confusing when trying to buy stuff, which edition to buy

thanks

Lori

I have been using shurley english since 1st grade with my oldest. I am looking to switch. Just wondering what I should do? I was thinking I would do daily grams 4th grade and easy grammar , IEW Writing and Wordly wise 3000 go vocab

Sounds good to me, except that I don't think you need Daily Grams if you're using Easy Grammar. Although they may both be used simultaneously, in most cases it isn't necessary. You might be able to get away with only Daily Grams, since your dc already has significant grammar instruction under her belt.

any thoughts. and what is the difference between all the wordly wise editions? 3000 or not 3000? also the daily grams I guess have a new edition??

The *not* 3000 Wordly Wise only has vocabulary, not writing or reading comprehension or whatever it is the 3000 has. I prefer that. YMMV.

Often it doesn't really matter which edition you have. Thousands of people used previous editions of Daily Grams/Easy Grammar and were content. :-)

it gets confusing when trying to buy stuff, which edition to buy