Menu

Latin Prep - what do I need to order?

There are (at least) two ways of doing it. I did it both ways.

Calvin: Textbook and answers only. It worked well, he picked it up fine and he continues to do well at Latin at school.

Hobbes: Textbook, answers, workbook A and B, answers for A and B, flashcards. Hobbes needed a bit more reinforcement and to move a little more slowly. For him, having the workbooks was great. The flashcards weren't essential - it depends on how your child learns. And you can always make them for yourself - they are very simple.

I hope that helps.

Laura

If this is your child's first exposure to Latin, I'd strongly recommend the workbooks. If you don't want to spend the time making your own, the flashcards are handy, though it's possible you may find some at Study Shack or elsewhere ready done.

Thanks to both of you. She has done Lively Latin this year. I think I will start off without the workbooks, and see how it goes.
Keep up the vocabulary review from BB1 over the summer. It will be a tremendous help in Latin Prep. :001_smile: