Menu

kids' music cd's

Mama2four

Are you looking specifically for movement songs with instructions along the lines of "If you're happy and you know it clap your hands."? I f so the two that come to mind are "Can You Shake it" by Laura Freeman and "I Know a Chicken" by Laurie Berkner. They would both be best with egg shakers but you could do without. Both songs give instructions on where and how to shake.

Both artists have other songs that could sort of be used for movement. Laurie Berkner has "These are My Glasses" but it is nowhere near a dance song. Laura Freeman sings "My Brother's a Monster" which could be acted out with the stomping and big fangs.

If you are just looking for good kids music to dance to you should check out the zooglobble blog which is devoted to kids music. http://www.zooglobble.com/ There is a kid music equivalent for every genre. My first grader likes Secret Agent 23 Skidoo which is a hip hop band. Most of the lyrics focus on self esteem and being oneself. It's his favorite band to dance to. My almost five year old still prefers preschool music. Her favorite song right now is "Bad Blue Jay" by Caspar Babypants.

Edited by hellen
wrong word

I have to agree with Laurie Berkner. My kids especially love the Waddya Think of That album. (Just the other night my kids begged us to "share" their music like they hear others do... So we rolled into the gas station blaring We are the Dinosaurs. LOL)

If your kids have seen Little Einsteins, they have a good Missions album.

You might check what your library has to offer by way of CDs.