Menu

Burning, aching stomach and pregnancy?

I've had reflux in mid to late pregnancy (6 months on, worse at the end) with the last two dc, presently pg with one (24 weeks). It's never been a big issue and I just get through it, but yesterday I started having burning and cramping in my stomach that was miserable and I couldn't hardly make it through the day. I thought maybe I had a virus, but no other symptoms came. I happened to have my dr. appt. yesterday and she mentioned gastritis or gallbladder issues. She did some blood work to rule things out. The burning has continued to today, but much less, not as constant and not as miserable. She prescribed me something for it and to also take Tums to help, too. Has anyone else experienced this in pregnancy or not? I'm wondering if I do have an ulcer or something.

Whatever is causing it some of the same treatment will help. Eat foods that don't bother you (if it's your gallbladder it is caused by any fats), eat small amounts more often, don't lie down right after you eat, take the meds your doctor gave you. I'm sorry you are so miserable. :(

Whatever is causing it some of the same treatment will help. Eat foods that don't bother you (if it's your gallbladder it is caused by any fats), eat small amounts more often, don't lie down right after you eat, take the meds your doctor gave you. I'm sorry you are so miserable. :(

Thank you. I'm watching what foods irritate it, but so far it's so inconsistent and random, I'm not sure.