Menu

WWYD?

We are currently working our way through Recipe for Reading. I just originally bought the teacher's book to figure out placement so now I need to order the other components. My ds is 8 and dyslexic. He has placed in Book 14 of the readers. There are only 18. I don't want to buy the whole set of 1-18 b/c it is $60 but I will if he needs it. The books cover ch, sh, th, wh, and qu. The other books (1-13) cover 3 letter CVC words which he has mastered. Do I buy the whole set so he doesn't miss out on the practice? Is there an online alternative so we can make do for just these 5 books? He does stuggle with fluency.

TIA!

Not familiar with the program-

Do you basically need readers that allow him to practice those phonemes?

There should be plenty of options online for that. I'd start at Don Potter's website. Will try to help you look for other options later when I get a chance.

:-)

I am just looking for readers. I am just nervous to attempt to do my own thing here, it is probably not that important but ds is at the point where he is ready to go w/his reading, I have seen a big improvement over the past few months, I would hate to slow him down.

I will check out Don Potter's website. Thanks!

I used the I See Sam Readers with Recipe for Reading. It helps build reading fluency to a solid third grade level.

I plan on getting these. I wanted to give ds a little time to get going w/his reading before I add another thing. I am also hoping to give this task to dh as I have a lot on my plate working w/2 dyslexic kids.