Menu

pre-alg word problems and practice

My 7th grade twins will be finishing their pre-alg course with Derek Owens in a little over a month. I am looking for something to add on for the rest of the spring/summer before they begin Alg in the fall. They are not very mathy kids, so I want to find something that will force them to use their skills and continue to mature over the summer.

We tried Life of Fred Fractions in the past, but neither one liked it very much. We have used MUS from the beginning until this year when we switched to Derek Owens. They enjoyed it ( as much as I think it is possible for my kids to enjoy math). I have no experience with any other math programs, so I'm all ears from the Hive.

Try Alcumus - it's free and starts at the Prealgebra level. Choose the "follow the book" option for prealgebra and make the other subjects inactive. (eta, if they're done with prealgebra, I guess you would not need to click "follow the book")

Edited by wapiti