Menu

Question about AoPS Algebra pacing

We are in ch. 4 of the Intro to Algebra book, doing one problems/exercise set a day, then about 2 or 3 days for the review/challenge problems at the end of the chapter. It's not taking very much time each day--do most people do more in one day? I'm assuming as we move on the problems will become more difficult and take more time?

My kids worked on math for however long they wanted, with a minimum of 45 minutes daily for DS. DD worked in spurts; she often did two weekly sessions of 2 - 2.5 hours straight. We aim at 4-5 hours per week (it took DD 220 hours to complete the Intro to Algebra book)

You can't really schedule the book because the sections are of different lengths and difficulty (there will be problems that take more than one hour.)

We are in ch. 4 of the Intro to Algebra book, doing one problems/exercise set a day, then about 2 or 3 days for the review/challenge problems at the end of the chapter. It's not taking very much time each day--do most people do more in one day? I'm assuming as we move on the problems will become more difficult and take more time?

Your pace is similar to what we do.