Menu

Anyone here done Core W from Sonlight?

I'm bumping this up since I'd like to feedback too. I'm trying to find something for 7th grade history. MY dd12 is finishing a comprehensive and challenging geography course as well as the last VP self-paced course and I'm trying to figure out if this would be good for next year too.

Thanks

KLA

• 2 weeks later...
I think it was the old Alt 6 or 7, it was 6 and 7 combined, all of world history in one year using Child's History of the World. I'd love input on it.

Alison

Would you want to use CHOW with a middle schooler? My guys enjoy it in early elementary.

I am using it this year...but splitting over 2 years. I use another spine for my 13 Yo dd, but she listens in on CHOW....she doesn't like to miss anything. I am also using other materials for Bible study that is more appropriate for my family.

Sonlight is keeping me on schedule....and my dd really enjoys the readers and history books. It is not over the little boys heads. It is a good fit this year.

Oh, the spine we are using: Patterns of Civilization by Prentice Hall.....

Colleen, I was actually thinking about doing Core W over two years myself...so I could assure myself that it would get finished. It would also give me more time to take a few bunny trails. My main objective right now is to prepare my son for algebra in 9th grade (he's a bit behind where I'd like him to be), and to improve his writing. That's another reason I was considering just going with W, plus it'll save me some money from buying 2 cores.

However, since I wasn't able to find out much about W, I have decided to go ahead and give G a try and see how it goes.

Alison

I sent mine back... my daughter did not like the readers and I did not like the Hugeness of it. I saw the video on how they are making changes and felt affirmed. It is easy to do 2 years with Core W. We made it 6 months and I finally found out I could send it back! My younger children did enjoy CHOW but not older.

I couldn't find out much either before taking the plunge and should have gone with my hunch.

Core/W was recommended for families New to SL.

Edited by TGHEALTHYMOM