Menu

Another "how does this look for next year" thread

I have researched this stuff so much I'm ready to be done!! Please tell me how this looks for 7th grade:

Thinking Toolbox

Write Source 7

R&S English 6

LL 7

Lial's Algebra along with TT Algebra II

WP Forensics Science course

Online Chemistry course

Holt World History Full Survey

Spanish (not sure yet, maybe just a free online website)

Bible (haven't decided)

I have researched this stuff so much I'm ready to be done!! Please tell me how this looks for 7th grade:

Thinking Toolbox

Write Source 7

R&S English 6

LL 7

Lial's Algebra along with TT Algebra II

WP Forensics Science course

Online Chemistry course

Holt World History Full Survey

Spanish (not sure yet, maybe just a free online website)

Bible (haven't decided)

Why the two sciences and maths? Also, have you thought about art? And if LL does not include vocabulary, you may want to add that in to the mix.

Why the two sciences and maths? Also, have you thought about art? And if LL does not include vocabulary, you may want to add that in to the mix.

She wants two sciences, those are her interests. Neither of them are two intensive, I don't think. I'm thinking of either doing one three days a week and the other two, or doing one for the first half of the year and one the last half.

She will technically be doing TT, but I'll use Lial's for additional problems/teaching as needed. That seems to be working for us now.

I wondered about vocab...right now she's doing worksheets a few days a week that incorporate it. I'll check out some things for next year.

Hmmm, art...This year HOD has painting/poetry...I have no idea for next year. Any suggestions?

I think your line-up looks great!:) I've got a rising 7th grader, too, and we'll also be using Thinking Toolbox & Teaching textbooks (prealgebra). We're also going to be starting in R&S 6 (we came from ps this year & were doing Easy Grammar, but making the switch next year to R&S based on many recommendations from this Board and others in my homeschool community). For vocabulary, what about Worldy Wise? They can do it very independently!

I'm still trying to sort out my dd's full LA program- trying to figure out whether to stay with IEW (we are using Student Intensive B this year for 1st time & liking it) or switching to the more intense WWS/classical style writing. Also, I got Lightning Lit to start on reading great literature and beginning literary analysis.

Good luck! I think you're doing great:grouphug:

Paula

Thank you both! I had actually considered Wordly Wise and vocabulary.com at one point. I'll check them out again to see if WW is worth spending some cash. :)

I think your line-up looks great!:) I've got a rising 7th grader, too, and we'll also be using Thinking Toolbox & Teaching textbooks (prealgebra). We're also going to be starting in R&S 6 (we came from ps this year & were doing Easy Grammar, but making the switch next year to R&S based on many recommendations from this Board and others in my homeschool community). For vocabulary, what about Worldy Wise? They can do it very independently!

I'm still trying to sort out my dd's full LA program- trying to figure out whether to stay with IEW (we are using Student Intensive B this year for 1st time & liking it) or switching to the more intense WWS/classical style writing. Also, I got Lightning Lit to start on reading great literature and beginning literary analysis.

Good luck! I think you're doing great:grouphug:

Paula

I'm not sure about art--my kids have reached a level that we are outsourcing.

Vocabulary.com is a simple, easy, wonderful vocabulary program. And it's free!