Menu

AAS question

TracyR

Just wondering if there is any company that sells AAS for just a little bit less? I love the program. I just don't like the price. Our funds are really limited but I want to continue on with the program.

Or is that is the asking price for anyone who sells it?

Are there any local homeschool groups in your area that offer used-currciulum sales? I've banked numerous times at those! You would still need a student pack but maybe you can get a used teachers guide...

Kristen R also has a page on her blog about doing AAS but buying an oil pan to use for the whiteboard instead of paying $40 for a real one. It sounds weird, but it works.

I can't find sale details at Adoremus site or any AAS level other than Level 6 and partial supplies for Level 5. :001_huh:

Oh you're right... They currently have the student pack for level 5, TM and student pack for level 6, laminated dividers, spelling CD, and the first 2 readers. Bummer. That's the only place I've ever seen discounts that applied to AAS. Otherwise, your best bet is to get it somewhere that you can get free shipping (CBD, RR, SL, etc.).

If you need anything at Adoremus, the coupon code is "ES12" to get 20% off. There are also free shipping codes - not sure if you can stack codes or not, but if you can... SHIP12 gets you free shipping, or SHIP11 gets you free shipping if you order $25.

I haven't used any of these codes this year, but they're available on http://retailmenot.com :) I ordered AAS levels 3 and 4 from there last year during the Easter sale.

Kristen R also has a page on her blog about doing AAS but buying an oil pan to use for the whiteboard instead of paying $40 for a real one. It sounds weird, but it works.

I bought my 3' x 2' magnetic whiteboard at Walmart for $20. I think it's even less at Sam's and Costco. We use it for everything, not just AAS, so it's been worth it.

Oh you're right... They currently have the student pack for level 5, TM and student pack for level 6, laminated dividers, spelling CD, and the first 2 readers. Bummer. That's the only place I've ever seen discounts that applied to AAS. Otherwise, your best bet is to get it somewhere that you can get free shipping (CBD, RR, SL, etc.).

If you need anything at Adoremus, the coupon code is "ES12" to get 20% off. There are also free shipping codes - not sure if you can stack codes or not, but if you can... SHIP12 gets you free shipping, or SHIP11 gets you free shipping if you order $25.

I haven't used any of these codes this year, but they're available on http://retailmenot.com :) I ordered AAS levels 3 and 4 from there last year during the Easter sale.

I just tried and they were not stackable for me.

Yes, we've done that as well. We bought an oil pan for $10 and some of those command strips and it was the best thing I have ever done this year. My daughters love it. I use it more than for just our spelling lessons. The only thing I don't like about it though is that it has a stamp from the company on it but we still have enough room to write stuff on.