Menu

Has anyone ever found reading/study guide questions to Guerber's history books?

Guerber's books that I'm referring to are The Story of the Greeks, The Story of the Romans, The Story of the Middle Ages, and The Story of the Renaissance and Reformation.

I'm all for simply reading the selections, but there is an instructive advantage to answering questions. It seems that many of the really good books, with information found rarely in other books, have no reading guide to accompany them. Those questions can be used by the student for written answers or used by the teacher as an oral question guide.

If something of this sort is "out there," I'd love to find it. If not, it seems like there would be a market for this.

Thanks for any help!

• 5 months later...

I used to make them up myself. I made about five questions or so for each short chapter. There would be a combination of short-answer questions, thought questions, and write-out-the-family-tree questions. (I found drawing up family trees to be extremely helpful -- sometimes the author can go on for many pages about one family and all the branches of it.)

I loved making up the questions -- it was one of my favorite activities while I was homeschooling!