Menu

MUS question: older version vs revised version

The subjects are divided differently. Is that what you are talking about? So before they had Foundations, Intermediate, etc. Now they have Alpha....

The answer is yes and no. The information is basically the same, but it is arranged very differently. So in Intermediate you would have had more advanced multiplication, division, and fractions. Now the books are according to topic. So you get a whole book on multiplication and it builds from the concept of multiplication all the way to multi-digit multiplicaton.

I tried to use the old books I had and even ordered coordinating (old style) workbooks from MUS. It was a bit of a pain to implement. I bit the bullet and now buy the new books. They are expensive, but are well done.

HTH No editing, gotta go color eggs!

but if I bought the old version of the Epsilon TM, student book, DVD and fraction overlays, would I not be able to use in the future years becasue the newer versions of the student book won't line up correctly? I have 3 kids and my oldest in ready for Epsilon. Please advise me before I commit to buying something that will cuase me a headache down the road.

You may want to call the company to confirm, but I spoke with them about this last year when they started rolling out revised editions of Alpha, Beta... The answer essentially, is that the student books are unchanged (except for binding format). It is the teacher's manual which they revised to include expanded solutions.

I have since purchased student books and used my unrevised DVDs with no problem.

You may want to call the company to confirm, but I spoke with them about this last year when they started rolling out revised editions of Alpha, Beta... The answer essentially, is that the student books are unchanged (except for binding format). It is the teacher's manual which they revised to include expanded solutions.

I have since purchased student books and used my unrevised DVDs with no problem.

I agree about calling. I'm sure they answer this question often. From what I remember the info above sounds right.

FWIW, I really like the newest format (based on algebra and geometry). I like the TE better, honors pages are included in the student book, pages are perforated and there is a separate test booklet.

but if I bought the old version of the Epsilon TM, student book, DVD and fraction overlays, would I not be able to use in the future years becasue the newer versions of the student book won't line up correctly? I have 3 kids and my oldest in ready for Epsilon. Please advise me before I commit to buying something that will cuase me a headache down the road.

The new hardback versions of Alpha, Beta, etc line up with the comb bound versions. They just moved the problems so that they take 2 pages instead of one and there is no longer a blank page for working problems. I have the comb bound TM through Zeta and they all work.

The versions titled Alpha, Beta, etc will not line up with the Classic versions titled Foundation, Intermediate, etc.