Menu

Science for middle school

My rising 5th grader hasn't really had much in the way of "formal" science. She was a struggling reader and writer, so most of our efforts in the early years have gone into the 3 Rs. I'm looking for something that is secular and not extremely teacher intensive. What programs are out there that might meet these requirements?

*A very gentle intro to all the sciences.

*Can be used independently.

*Easily supplemented with books and documentaries in areas that she wants to find out more about.

*Ideas for experiments and opportunity to journal about those experiments.

*Fun and engaging.

Aha! Science.

Wow, this looks perfect! And the price is right, too. Can you tell me, would my 5th grader be able to start at the beginning and work through all 33 units in a year? I see they have different grade levels assigned to the units.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I had never heard of it before.

*Easily supplemented with books and documentaries in areas that she wants to find out more about.

*Fun and engaging.

Aha! Science.

This looks great for my upcoming 2nd grader! And it's only $15!! Thanks so much for mentioning it.

Wow, this looks perfect! And the price is right, too. Can you tell me, would my 5th grader be able to start at the beginning and work through all 33 units in a year? I see they have different grade levels assigned to the units.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I had never heard of it before.

Yes, very doable in one year. My 6th grader did it this year and averaged one or two modules a week, depending on her interest level and the amount of supplemental resources we added in.

Yes, very doable in one year. My 6th grader did it this year and averaged one or two modules a week, depending on her interest level and the amount of supplemental resources we added in.

Thank you again.

*Fun and engaging.

Aha! Science.

Wow indeed! It looks great and so inexpensive too. Maybe I'll use this instead of Happy Scientist videos? Hmm.. I like so many science programs :lol: