Menu

Anything like Reading A-Z

mhaddon

We were gifted a lot of books from a retiring teacher, but only up to Level D. We are at level E. I was able to download from a trial version. I've used them and love them because the progression is perfect for my sometimes struggling reader. I can not just go to the library and pick level 1 readers because I've found they can fall in a wide range and some are too easy and some at his frustration level.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of anything else like this that is free or cheaper that is as great? I'm willing to pay if nothing else is available because I know how much they've helped. I love the K SL readers for starting out, but we have moved beyond and need more leveled books.

Thanks!!

I wanted to find something cheaper also, but nothing else compared. When you think of it in terms of price per month, it's less than $9.00 since you get a whole year for $90.00! I LOVE it. My son especially loves to read the science ones. I love that there are soooo many books right on his level that he can read without me ever having to step inside the library. I don't print them out, I just choose "projectable" and "full screen" and he can easily read them right on the computer. I think it's worth every penny.

• 1 month later...

I love this site. I think it is totally worth the money.

However if you can get a co-op of people going who want to join - it can work out really cheap. I did that one year -we got together as a group of people and bought 1 subscription and ended up paying $6.50 each for access for 1 year :D I "think" the person signed up as a teacher and we were her class and got a class subscription.

And then I downloaded everything on the site and saved it to my computer for future use. :lol:

I've often thought of asking if anyone would be interested in doing that again but since I wasn't the one who organised it I wasn't sure how it was done. Plus I don't hear it mentioned on here very often so thought maybe no one would be interested.

Even though I have everything I would still be interested in joining up for another year if I could get another good deal - I love how organised the site is. My kids love the readers -my DD especially is one who needs the specifically grded levels -choosing readers at the library doesn't work for her because they are inconsistant and she gets frustrated at not being able to read some of them.

• 4 weeks later...