Menu

I am looking for a state report form

something with a map of the state and blanks to fill in the capital, state nickname, abreviation, etc.

Surely this exists. I'm looking for something simple I can use with my K - 5th students together.

Anyone know where I can find something like this? (for free on the internet would be best).

Thanks,

Marie

Not free but worth taking a look at is: Geo-Scribe.

It is $12 for the cd.

Covers a lot of geography material also....

They have samples at the site you can check out.

Also not free but something I'm going to get the kids started on is Trail Guide to US Geography.

I mention that because it can be done with different levels and will cover several years of teaching.

I do have a worksheet that has this on:

State Name

State Map State Flag

State Capital

State Nickname

Date Admitted

Motto

State Bird

State Flower

State Tree

State Abbreviation

Rank

But....dont' know how to attach it to here. Pm or email if interested & I'll somehow attach it for you.

hth!

We are using the geography sheets from Kid Zone for part of our geography unit. There are multiple pages for each state which include a map, flag, state bird, and state flower. We add the abbreviation to the map page.

There is also a site called Black Dog's United States Coloring Book. This site has a single page for each state. There is a map to which the capital can be labled and other points of interests marked as desired. At the bottom of the page, there are spaces to fill in the nickname, state bird, and state flower.