Menu

How many crockpots do you have?

How many crockpots do you have?  

1. 1. How many crockpots do you have?

• Two or more.
    • One plus the "little dipper" small one
    • One
    • None

Two. I have a medium-sized one that I've had for several years, which I've used quite a lot. Last year for Christmas my mom gave me a huge crockpot. I was thinking I should get rid of the smaller one, but the big one is just too big for some things, plus it tends to cook much hotter, even on the low setting. I use them both, but for different things. I think two's the limit for us though. I can't justify the cupboard space for more than two crockpots!

You've definitely got to me :o. I've just put an order in for one of these. I now need some good recipes. Momtoamiracle, that baked chicken sounds particularly good :drool5:.

I think maybe I shouldn't have opened this thread. Hopefully in a week or so's time I'll be posting to say that I don't know how I ever lived without one.

Thanks (maybe) to those who've encouraged me. And sorry to the OP, my vote on your poll will soon be inaccurate.

Cassy

Off now to look at rice makers.

Ha! No worries on your vote :).

Thanks y'all! Now I know I need to go get a smaller one, around 3 qts. The point that several made about a bigger one burning the food is what sealed it for me. I already almost burned taco chicken the other night because there was barely enough to fill the bottom of the pot.

Well, that and the chocolate cake recipe :D

I have a recipe for baked chicken that makes it taste JUST like it has come out of the oven. But I dont' have to heat up my whole house to do it. What I love about it is that I can throw it all in and forget about it. It won't burn, won't get too hot, my smoke alarms won't go off because of the heat, and I don't have to try and get a heavy item outof hte oven. It is also FABULOUS for cooking beans. Stick them in the morning and leave them. Don't have to worry about them burning. I have a Hamilton Beach Stay and Go and it's wonderful. Cooks perfectly. I thinkt he lock down lid makes a difference. No heat escapes. http://www.hamiltonbeach.com/products/stay-or-go-slow-cookers-stay-or-go-6-quart-slow-cooker-33263.html

Please share the recipe!

:iagree:Please share the recipe! I tend to turn everything into shoe leather.

I have 2 crockpots since different recipes sometimes require different sizes. Also, I have used them on warm settings when we have had parties. We have one of the large ovals, and a smaller round one, but I am not exactly sure of the quart sizes off hand.

I voted 2 or more but wanted to be honest. I've paid for none of them. I was given two when I got married. One came with a small sauce crock pot or whatever it is so I guess that makes three. I didn't use them but if I was going to I would most likely use the smaller of the two (full size ones) so I gave the larger with it's matching mini-crockpot to MIL when she was in need of a new one (she likes cooking more than I do, with sauces and everything, and cooked for more people at that time). Then I wanted to dye wool and didn't want to do that in the crockpot I might want to cook in some day so a yard-saling friend picked an old one up cheap for me. Over time, I began to consider crock pot cooking but we'd outgrown the one I still had from when we got married so another kind yard-saling friend found a larger one for me. So I'm back up to three.

I still have not cooked in a crock pot. I haven't dyed wool, either.

SLow Cooker Roasted Chicken

1 4lb chicken

1 tsp paprika

1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves

1/2 tsp dried basil

1/2 tsp seasoned salt

1/2 garlic powder

1 tbsp olive oil

remove giblet, fat, skin. Rinse, pat dry inside and out, Mix all seasonings with olive oil to make paste. Spread a little of the seasoning paste inside the cavity. Place the chicken, breast side up, in a 3.5 or 4 quart electricslow cooker. Spread the remaing seasoning over the top of chicken.

cover and cook on the high heat setting 3 to 3.5 hours ir 6.5 to 7.5 on low. Cook until chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear. Cut into pieces and serve immediately.

this is really sooo good! Of course you can change the seasoning, it's probably the olive oil that makes it so good.

recipe is from The Best Slow Cooker cookbook Ever.http://www.amazon.com/Best-Slow-Cooker-Cookbook-Ever/dp/B001DNYN6A/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1333139459&sr=8-4

SLow Cooker Roasted Chicken ...recipe is from The Best Slow Cooker cookbook Ever.http://www.amazon.com/Best-Slow-Cooker-Cookbook-Ever/dp/B001DNYN6A/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1333139459&sr=8-4

Thank you so much for this :001_smile:. My crock-pot arrives on Monday, I can't wait to get started :tongue_smilie:.

Cassy