Menu

Apologia Biology...any way to do it without the huge cost?

Find labs online- ones you can do for free, ones you can watch, the free portion of Froguts etc....

Use the pocket magnifier from Lee Valley (or somewhere else). Look at other microscope stuff that is more detailed online.

Purchase the text used- or use a free text like CK-12 biology.

Honestly, the labs in Apologia, though good, can easily be replicated by other means like I mentioned above (even at a greater depth!).

I bought my textbook set slightly used.

I bought the specimens from CBD (They come from Natures Plus! and they are cheaper than Home Science Tools. I also had a free shipping code for CBD.)

We utilized Virtual Homeschool Group (Free) for the "classroom experience" and virtual dissections.

Hope that helps...

We bought the cdrom intead of the book-- everthing is there. Cheaper and really good. We never looked at the additional stuff with the other apologia courses on the computer now we just click. It's working fine for the questions too. The microscopic images you click are far better than you would manage yourself. I am using what I find on line. Planning to dissect real non prepared items -- fish etc. Will watch on line dissections too.