Menu

Hands On Suggestions for a Little

Sctigermom

My dd is 4 and she wants to do schoo like her big brother. We use FIAR and we do that together. The problem is when I do things like math and reading with ds she is a huge distraction. She needs hands on activities. She is not content coloring (plus she has the attention span of a gnat). Suggestions for hands on activities she can do on her own (I can supervise just not stop every 2 seconds to help her).

Jigsaw puzzles? Playdough? Kumon workbooks? Give her a lesson of MEP Reception then let her play with c-rods while you do maths with your elder?

Rosie

She won't do puzzles and the kumon workbooks bored her. I have tried giving her scissors to cut paper and glue but 2 minutes later she is ready for her next "project".:glare: I do not have c-rods. I'll have to look into those.

Try to include her in the lessons. If your doing maths, get her a big preschool maths workbook (tall short, round square etc)

Other options include:

Sensory Table/Boxes/Montessori: countingcoconuts.blogspot.com

Bright Beginnings Preschool Curriculum

All About Reading Pre-Level 1

Roleplay/Center boxes: keep a couple of interesting tubs and bring one down when you need to be left alone

Playdough

Workboxes: Get a mini drawer workbox, and fill each one up with interesting toys, worksheets etc

My young DS is 4 and he has his own curriculum that ties in to when I need to do stuff with DD, elsewise he just follows along with her stuff (history, science etc)