Menu

Do I need the DVDs for Traditional Logic

If you have a background in logic, e.g., Fallacy Detective and Teaching Toolbox, or if the student exhibits higher order thinking skills and is self-motivated then the DVDs are not necessary. With that being said, I did purchase the DVD set for Traditional Logic II to ensure content is mastered.

HTH!

Clare

I've taught TL I twice. I didn't use the dvds for TL1. I did teach TL II once to my ds, but I wished that I had the dvd for this course. If I teach TL II again, then I will get the dvd for it.

Gotta go -- a storm is a comin'

Jan P.

I did not use them with my dd, but I did with my ds. It is another format for the same information and IMHO if they are needed depends on your child's learning style. My ds is a visual learner, so I felt they were necessary for him. He watched the videos first and then reviewed by reading the book.

On Latina Christiana 1 (also by Memoria Press) I have found more content in the DVDs than in the teacher's guide. DD would be missing a couple things if we did not have the DVDs. I have been watching along with her. So I am suspecting the same thing could be true with the logic classes. I do not know for sure, I just suspect it.