Menu

anyone know anything about Naugatuck, CT?

sorry -- it's been a crazy couple of days.

Mainly, he'd like some guidance in finding a safe, affordable place to stay.

Apartment? House?

Naugatuck is kind of an old, decaying mill town like so many small towns in New England. It's not dangerous, but not the kind of place you'd keep your doors unlocked either.

astrid

We used to live in New Haven and I remember driving through Naugatuck and thinking it was a little depressing. I think there was a lot of industry there at one time... I remember the Hershey's factory closing down and apparently they used to make naugahyde there.

Still, it isn't as crime-ridden as New Haven or Waterbury.

This is something short term? So we're talking hotels? Not sure where he'd live for a month or less otherwise. I would tend to head east, maybe towards the Cheshire/Wallingford area. Agree w/PP that Naugatuck's slightly depressed/dingy.

Good to know.....

I think he's looking at 10-12 weeks. It's a Summer Internship. He'd need something furnished. I think they're maybe looking at an extended-stay motel type of situation.

I would have thought that the HR people at the company would be all about helping him.