Menu

SOTW 1

StephanieF

Do you all get through this in just one year? I have just received the activity book and there seems loads of fantastic things to do in it but I'm not sure I can get through a chapter in one week? I assume that some do take a bit longer and some are shorter but do you all find that you can do the whole book in a year?

Stephanie

Stephanie-

You can see what we are planning here. We do history 5 days a week, so that helps in being able to complete it in 36 weeks. I agree with you thought, there is so much in the AG that I could take two years! Hope that helps!

We did it in a year and a half. We spent a semester on Old Testament and Egypt (first 1/3 of the book), a semester on Greece and a semester on Rome.

The semester we spent in Greece was wonderful. We read Usborne's Book of Greek Myths for Young Children, learned the Greek alphabet and had a lot of fun.:001_smile:

We used History Odyssey instead of the SOTW AG, and took at least a calendar year and a half. However, we'd occasionally park for weeks on a single topic of great interest.