Menu

What ages/grades are the Time Travelers history CDs best for??

What ages/grades are the Time Travelers history CDs intended for? I am trying to put together an American History unit for my 4th and 1st graders out of TOO MANY cool resources I have collected.

Wondering if the Time Travelers cds I have are good for this age or could be saved for revisiting the topic during logic stage? For some reason, I've not been able to find the intended age/grade range for these.

I think I've read that they are good for 3rd-6th grades, but I have a friend who used them for a range of kids from K through 5th.

The program as a whole seems pretty easy to adapt to different ages. I don't think I would use it with a 1st grader by themselves, but certainly a 1st grader could get a lot out of "tagging along" with an older sibling.

Well, it does say 3rd grade & up, but... I've used all but three, which I'm using this year. I've used them with my children from as young as 6/1st grade. My expectations aren't as high for the youngers, kwim?

There is so much in them you could easily do what's age appropriate and come back to them another year, no joke! We did Revolution with a 6 year old {and others} & I just had him do what he could. He listened to the books & reading, he colored lapbook pieces & helped assemble notebooking pages. He tasted recipes that were cooked & he narrated information to me to put in lapbook pieces & so on. We simply skipped the newspaper because he wasn't up to it on his own, kwim?