Menu

A resource for learning about the lives of hymnists?

MyLittleBears

Try Hymns for a Kid's Heart by Bobbie Wolgemuth and Joni Eareckson Tada. It explains on a child's level how the hymns were written, talks through their meaning (including tricky vocabulary) , includes written music for each song and a CD to listen to/sing along with.

I really like it although we haven't used it much--thanks for the reminder to get it off the shelf!

Try Hymns for a Kid's Heart by Bobbie Wolgemuth and Joni Eareckson Tada. It explains on a child's level how the hymns were written, talks through their meaning (including tricky vocabulary) , includes written music for each song and a CD to listen to/sing along with.

I really like it although we haven't used it much--thanks for the reminder to get it off the shelf!

Thanks! :001_smile:

They aren't children's books, but I have rather enjoyed reading the Then Sings My Soul series. You could maybe just share the stories with your children in your own words after you've read them.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/183-5043837-6188259?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Then+Sings+My+Soul

Exactly what I was looking for! Thank you! :001_smile: