Menu

Achieve Publications

I have been using the AUditory Sequential Memory product and the Visual Discrimination Workbook. I use the latter for summer work and review. It addresses the words that get confused alot i.e how, now etc.

The memory book I use to build digit, letter, and word span. It is just a nice handy workbook with all that combined for me. I use a pencil and check off as we go. My dtr doesn't make great leaps so some times we are on the same page for months, I just erase and start from the top again. I also use the digit spans for backward digit exercises. I use the words they give for spelling backwards and for the exercise the COVD Dr gave us (search my posts for the funny alphabet).

I have been using the AUditory Sequential Memory product and the Visual Discrimination Workbook. I use the latter for summer work and review. It addresses the words that get confused alot i.e how, now etc.

VinNY, may I just jump in with a quick question? I just ordered the Auditory Sequential Memory workbook. The funds were collected and credited to them through PayPal since the 13th but I have yet to hear from them about shipping my book. Did you have to wait long for your books to ship and to get to you :confused:? Am I just being impatient?

Has anyone read her book? Has anyone used the Achieve - Visual Memory series?

I haven't used anything from Achieve Publications and it now looks like I won't be. Nine days after collecting my money they still had not shipped my book (as mentioned up-thread). After sending them three e-mails and giving them the opportunity to resolve this directly, and having my e-mails ignored, I filed a dispute with PayPal early yesterday. I have yet to receive a response. I am giving them till Friday, at which time I will be filing a claim for a full refund. In the mean time I purchased this instead:

http://teacherexpress.scholastic.com/the-mindup-curriculum-grades-3-5

It is not from the traditional materials used here on the SN board but having the opportunity to look through the book, I think it will fit the bill for what I am looking for, for now. Anyway, I thought I would mention this to you since you were inquiring about the Achieve Publications. Think before pressing the order button, which is what I should have done :tongue_smilie:. This is the first time I have ever had to go after someone for goods not shipped :(!

I bought Sequential Memory book from Amazon and had no problem with delivery.

OTH I promptly misplaced it :banghead: and still haven't been able to find it 2 weeks later :sigh:

:lol: Well you are a step ahead of me! I didn't even think to look on Amazon. Not that I would buy it from them anyway, since they would want a bunch to ship just one book. I checked Amazon.ca though and they don't carry it. I would have kicked myself if the did :lol:!

Coming back to my order, for some mysterious reason, right after I posted they replied to my dispute :rolleyes: saying they never received my e-mails. Ummm.... duh! I used the e-mail found in my PayPal order and the one in their site. Shouldn't they be up-to-date? Anyway, they said they shipped it on the 15th and asked me to give it till the 29th to arrive. I will wait and see. In the mean time though, I am really excited with what I am reading from the MindUp book. If it delivers on what it claims to do, I will be able to target all the areas I want to work on with Adrian. If I like it, I will get the first book for Malcolm and later the third book when Adrian is nearing grade 6. I bought it through Scholastic as a PDF (with the current 30% discount) because it would have cost just as much to buy from Amazon here in Canada and I was able to put it on Kindle PC so I can highlight what I want while still being able to print what I want from it through my PDF file :D. I started reading it and couldn't stop until my head started falling over from burning the midnight oil again.

ETA: Hope you find your book soon! Let me know what you think when you do, if you don't mind posting about it.

Edited by Guest

I felt it my obligation to come here and post an update about my Achieve order. The package finally arrived today, and after informing Achieve, I closed the dispute.

The book I ordered "Auditory Sequential Memory Instructional Workbook" is 66 pages thick, consisting of a 2 page explanation and 2 pages of directions. The rest of the book consists of the lists of numbers, letters, and words to work on. Flipping through it I can see that I should have just gone with the second book as these are much too easy for Adrian but he should be able to get some use out of the last part of the book.

Anyway, I will most likely be turning to Linguisystems for future purchases, from now on.