Menu

Easy crockpot meals?

There's some really good recipes on www.allrecipes.com. We do Chicken Stroganoff, chicken and dumplings and shredded chicken bbq from allrecipes a lot b/c you can stick the chicken in frozen and then shred later when cooked. Chili can be easy if you have seasoning ready and precook the meat. Ham, green beans and potatoes can go in the crock pot. You can also do lots with precooked hamburger, seasoned hamburger with potatoes, beans, carrots, etc, and spaghetti. There's plenty you can modify to make in the crock pot. HTH.

On a very hectic day a couple of weeks ago I dropped some frozen, boneless/skinless chicken breasts in with half a bottle of BBQ sauce and it was delicious.

I also do a potroast with quartered carrots in the bottom, 1 cup of water, a roast (obviously) and a packet of onion soup mix. I sprinkle the soup mix directly on the meat and it makes a nice crust, as well as seasoning the carrots and gravy. I serve it with mashed potatoes. I thicken the sauce and it makes a wonderful gravy.

You can also do cube steaks with cream of mushroom soup and onion soup mix stirred togethe (probably half and envelope of the onion soup or it gets really strong). Again, makes its own gravy.

I have found several good recipes in the Fix it and Forget it cookbooks.

Drop a bag of frozen chicken breasts in the crock, pour in a jar of salsa. Low for 6-8, high for 3-4. After it's cooked, toss it in a stand mixer if you have one for the easiest shred job ever--or just shred it with forks. Can't get much easier;). It's good, too--I usually get the kind of salsa that has corn and beans in it, but you could obviously add those yourself. :)

This is very similar to a recipe someone else just posted, but it's our easiest crockpot recipe:

Place chicken breasts, a bottle of barbecue sauce, and 1 cup coke in the crockpot and cook all day. Serve it over rice. It is DELICIOUS!!

Drop a bag of frozen chicken breasts in the crock, pour in a jar of salsa. Low for 6-8, high for 3-4. After it's cooked, toss it in a stand mixer if you have one for the easiest shred job ever--or just shred it with forks. Can't get much easier;). It's good, too--I usually get the kind of salsa that has corn and beans in it, but you could obviously add those yourself. :)

We do this with a jar of salsa, can of drained corn, a can or two of rinsed black beans and some taco seasonings. Serve over rice or in tortillas.

What about a crock pot lasagne?

I have a 6 year old who does this. I don't add meat, so if you do your daughter will need help to brown it, but other than that a 7 year old should do well (and have fun!) assembling a crock pot lasagne!

Also, crockpot chili. Again, I don't use meat but if you help with that part the rest should be easy.

Or, crockpot enchiladas. Same-o, same-o with the meat.

Maybe, stuffed bell peppers?

I don't have recipes, we just kind of wing it with whatever is on hand. I'm sure there are tons out there, though.