Menu

? on SOTW Revised Editons VS 1st Editons

Murrayshire

I have the revised editon for SOTW Ancients but don't have the revised editon of the SOTW Middle Ages....

I'm planning on using the SL G History IG(2007)....(used)which came with revised IG sheets, along with original, due to revisions of the SOTW books??

I need to know how big of a difference the revised SOTW books are with the first editon books?.....Hope this makes since.

Thank you, as always!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I want to know too, so I'm bumping. :tongue_smilie:

Not to hijack. We will not be using SOTW for our ancients spine, but I am thinking about purchasing the activity guide for the projects and literature suggestions. How different is the revised?

Thanks!

(OP, hope we get some responses.)

ok, I have both, but haven't looked really in depth at them. I bought the revised versions for the better maps (imo), and just never studied them side-by-side closely. The fonts are different, I think. Some of the sentences are structured differently, but most of the content seems to be the same as what I remember the first time we went through these. The illustrations are better in the newer editions.

Not sure if that helps all that much. Maybe there is a TOC online for the first edition vs the second and see if there is a difference in chapter titles?

Sorry I am not of more help! :)

Are the literature suggestions the same?

ok, I have both, but haven't looked really in depth at them. I bought the revised versions for the better maps (imo), and just never studied them side-by-side closely. The fonts are different, I think. Some of the sentences are structured differently, but most of the content seems to be the same as what I remember the first time we went through these. The illustrations are better in the newer editions.

Not sure if that helps all that much. Maybe there is a TOC online for the first edition vs the second and see if there is a difference in chapter titles?

Sorry I am not of more help! :)