Menu

Elemental Science

We love ES! I've used all the grammar levels and my ds11 is currently working through Logic Bio. There is a link to a sample of Grammar Chemistry on this page.

Paige is really good about answering questions when they pop up and there is a yahoo group for support as well. If you want to do WTM style science with the work all done for you I would highly suggest ES!

Thank you for the links! I noticed in your signatures that one of you have your children using the different levels and one uses just one level. I was thinking about just sticking with my 3rd grader's level for all three of my younger children (3rd, 1st, and pk). I will already have one high schooler doing his own thing plus a newborn so I'm thinking using only one level with the littles would make life easier. OR should I have them do their own level?

Thank you for the links! I noticed in your signatures that one of you have your children using the different levels and one uses just one level. I was thinking about just sticking with my 3rd grader's level for all three of my younger children (3rd, 1st, and pk). I will already have one high schooler doing his own thing plus a newborn so I'm thinking using only one level with the littles would make life easier. OR should I have them do their own level?

For those ages I would definitely combine. My pre-ker tagged along this year, not always but when he wanted to/was not napping when we did it and he really enjoyed it. Next year we will be combining 2nd and K.

I used chemistry this year with my 5th grader and thought it was great at first. We got halfway through the program and I felt it was getting too repetitive. Read a section, write definitions/narration, then an experiment and then written report. We're now using Ellen McHenry's Elements for a change of pace. We used the lapbook instead of the student workbook because ds is really into lapbooks but I thought the quality of the pics was not worth printing after the elements section.

We've mainly done the Physics, and it's great...but I haven't done TOO many lessons because of all the other things. Plus, POE includes some science and we just run out of time. I was looking at trying Earth and Space though for next year, to fit in when we can. I really like how you use different books to learn, the notebooking, and the experiments- all of it!