Menu

sciatica?

My sciatica has not acted up in a long time. For some reason, it has decided to be a pain in the butt (couldn't resist, sorry) today. I do run, but nothing out of the ordinary. I've been under a huge amount of stress lately since my father's stroke and death. I'm thinking that is a big factor here.

Other than advil and the stretches the PT gave me years ago, any other suggestions?

My sciatica has not acted up in a long time. For some reason, it has decided to be a pain in the butt (couldn't resist, sorry) today. I do run, but nothing out of the ordinary. I've been under a huge amount of stress lately since my father's stroke and death. I'm thinking that is a big factor here.

Other than advil and the stretches the PT gave me years ago, any other suggestions?

This has been helpful along with a lot of walking (not running).

http://www.sacrowedgy.com/ (Amazon now sells it too)

I also had scar tissue and systemic enzymes helped with dissolving those. It seemed to me some of it were pressure points on the lower spine.

I sit on an exercise ball at home whenever sitting is required - including meal times. I walk a lot on my good days because that's supposed to help. I used to run but find it aggravates things more. I tried yoga for the first time in months last night and felt okay at the time. This morning is a different story. I may have pushed it too far. I have arnica gel and a ginger muscle rub that help when it's only mildly hurting. Other than that, the really bad days are just really bad, and I tend to use the heating pad (or a heat wrap) a lot during those times. Sorry. I do feel your pain!