Menu

Dancing Bears Fast Track or not?

I started out looking into Apples and Pears Spelling for my son and started looking at Dancing Bears Fast Track for him too. He easily read the test sentence that tells whether he should start with FT or DB A and in looking over the book he can easily read the first 3/4 of the books Decoding Power Pages and he might only struggle with a few words from the last 1/4 of the book.

What he does need is help with automaticity and fluency. He does need spelling help too. I think if I do need Fast Track I would also do Apples and Pears at the same time. This would replace AAS for us.

So should I bother with Fast Track at all? Will it help with any decoding holes he has and also help his automaticity and fluency? I'm not sure what to do.

Thanks for any help!

I started out looking into Apples and Pears Spelling for my son and started looking at Dancing Bears Fast Track for him too. He easily read the test sentence that tells whether he should start with FT or DB A and in looking over the book he can easily read the first 3/4 of the books Decoding Power Pages and he might only struggle with a few words from the last 1/4 of the book.

Which son is this for? I would probably go with Bear Necessities A2 which is the second half of the DB book A with extra practice. Or maybe Go with DB book B? Look over the samples and see what you think.

I started out with book DB A for my son and about half way through the book I also ordered Bear Necessities B. I wanted him to have the extra practice but not feel like he's doing the same book twice, even though most of it is the same as book A. He finished book A and now he's doing book B and is half way through Bear Necessities. We always read the stories two days in a row for even more practice. My son is making amazing progress with DB & A&P.

Edited by Shellers