Menu

Apologia Elementary Science Questions...

I'm thinking of using Botany or one of the Zoology books with my 10 year old son.

For those who have used it, could a 4th/5th grader do this mostly on his own?

Are the activities hard to do? Are there hard to obtain materials?

Is the student notebook worth purchasing?

Botany might be fun to do over the spring/summer!

Thanks! :001_smile:

My 4th grader does Zoology (Swimming Creatures) on her own most of the time. The activities are not hard to do. I do help with some of the experiments. They do not use hard to obtain materials. We've done notebooks where we printed stuff off from the website for free and then put then put it in a binder and we've done the notebook that we bought from them. The notebook we bought from them is a bit nicer and a bit easier to navigate. The one you print out doesn't have page numbers and that has gotten confusing a couple of times.

I am using zoology 1 with a first grader. I definitely think an older kid could do it on his own. The experiments have been easy to find items so far. We may do a few extra things that are suggested like owl pellets. You might have to help with some of the experiments, but it is not experiment heavy and not complicated stuff.